my FIRST thought upon reading that (besides how interesting it is) is what does
this mean for E90 from the local Shell station because, economically, thats the
cheapest to run.  I then think of "vapor lock" which seems to be the primary
concern, followed by water absorption and corrosion.
I am not talking about the primary topic of course which is E100... because
thats hard to get

I always thought to run 100ll in one tank for takeoff and approach/landing, and
E90 in the working tank which would be drained into my car after flight.