-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Smith via KRnet
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2016 3:28 PM
To: KRnet
Cc: Randy Smith
Subject: Re: KR> VW Engines

Flying is not cheap.   Neither is boating, fishing, golf and just about any
hobby you try. No matter what engine you pick it will cost between $5 and $8
thousands after all expenses. I believe flying a KR is about one of the
least expensive planes you can fly and travel in. I can tell you from my
standpoint. I am on my 3 wife (the 3rd one likes flying) and in the last 25
years I have had the opportunity to build 1 KR and own 2 other KRs and have
had fun with all of them. I have gotten larger  I have moved into bigger
faster airplanes. Not a whole lot faster. My KR with an O200 cruised at
about 140 knots  the one I have now will also cruise at about 145 knots but
it is heavy with a big engine EJ22. I had to move into a Cessna 310 to get
the room I needed and speed I wanted.

    On Thursday, June 23, 2016 11:06 PM, Patrick Driscoll via KRnet