Flying is not inexpensive.  The lure of the KR is twofold, it is cheap and
you can build it to suit yourself.  This is partly true.  You can definitely
build it to suit yourself, and it can be built inexpensively, relative to
other aircraft.  I believe that the mindset that is attached to the KR, that
it is cheap, is the most detrimental issue with the KR.  Thinking it is
cheap and avoiding spending money on things that will make the KR a safe
aircraft, is what is responsible for some KRs being put into service when
they should stay on the ground.  That mindset is responsible for the poor
reputation that the KR has gotten over the years.

I believe that the reputation has improved and will continue to improve with
the "aircraft quality" that is now being built into most of the KRs that are
being put into service these days, and they are anything but "cheap".

See N64KR at  <http://krbuilder.org/> http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on
the pics

2016 KR Gathering - Mt. Vernon, Ill.

Peoples Choice at 2013 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

Best KR at 2013 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

Best Interior at 2013 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

Best Paint at 2013 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

Best Firwwall Forward at 2013 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

Best Interior and Panel at 2008 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC