I am a pilot for 30 years. I came across the Avare flight app 3 years ago
and compared it to a glass cockpit in a Pilatus while flying from Sparta,
Mich. to Naples, Fla.  The app was right on target. We did not use paper
sectionals or plates and filed on the internet. I fly a Tri Pacer with the
Avare app with a paper sectional for back up. I do call flight service to
check MOA activity but I use My Radar and Accu weather app for expected wx
enroute. Aviation weather app for terminal info. at destination. All are
free apps.
                            Doran