At 11:54 AM 8/20/2016, you wrote:
>Ok, so I have my fuel system installed and I am wiring the pumps.  They will
>have voltage all the time and the ground will be selected to each
>pump as it is
>selected with a spdt switch.  That switch is labeled "pump 1 and
>pump 2".  That
>ground comes from my 5psi oil switch.  So that the pump selected will only run
>when the engine is running and producing oil pressure.  My second switch is to
>bypass all that and provide a ground to run the pumps when priming
>and starting
>and if the oil pressure switch was to fail.  How would you label that switch?

Without extreme justification I'd not have pump #1 run through the
oil pressure switch, another failure point.  If pump #2 runs without
that setup why wire pump #1 that way?  Also,  I don't like to wire
anything "hot" all the time and just switch the ground leg.  If the
switch to a circuit is turned off I want the circuit to be "dead".

I'd use either a DPDT with center "off" labeled "pump 1 (up)" "pump 2
(down)" and (center) "off" or go with a separate SPST switch for each pump.

Circuit boards components often switch the ground leg but I don't
like external wiring that always remain hot with no means other than
a breaker to shut them off.  That's just me.............

Larry Flesner
flesner at frontier.com