Larry Flesner wrote:

> If that's the design, I'd certainly want a VERY RELIABLE "one"
> switch. Is that the switch that failed on Mark (on the ground,
> thankfully) that kept him from making the California trip?

Yep, so I replaced it with an identical new Otto switch, also supposed
to be good for 25,000 cycles at 16A at 28V, which failed while flying back
from SNF a few months later. Since it's a DPDT (double pole double
throw) switch, there was a fresh unused pair of poles available at a
flip of the switch, and the prop didn't even even spin down before it
fired back to life again.  A bi-color LED next to the switch was my
instant clue...when the bright green LED went out at the same time the
ignition quit.  I've since replaced that DPDT switch with a much higher
quality Honeywell DPDT relay rated at 15A at 250VDC.

That story is at http://www.n56ml.com/n891jf/panel/index.html#switches,
with pictures of the fried contacts (and the pristine ones).
The overall electrical system layout and schematic are at
http://www.n56ml.com/electrical/index.html .

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
http://www.n56ml.com