I got smart a while back and painted it along with some other stuff, but the
fit was so tight on the holes that there's no way it'll fit back in the same
holes, and enlarging them would be very tough
I suppose worst case is that I figure out a way to open up the holes, so I'm
open to suggestions on that too.  I guess I could "booger" up the tube a
little with burrs on one end and run it through while somehow rotating it
with a huge drill and open it up, but that doen't sound very exact, or
appealing.  It's such a nice fit right now

Mark you might rotate it with a drill and hone down the outside diameter of
the tube and repaint it. If it ended up a little bit out of round it wouldn't
hurt anything.
 Lynn N37LH