From: eng...@earthlink.net; KR builders and pilots
Date: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 10:21:16 PM
To: KR builders and pilots
Subject: Re: KR>New member, with questions.....

I really don't know why anyone would put the fuel in the outboard
section of the wings. The only reason I can see is if you are still
using the retracts. My humble opinion is the in the inboard section is
the way to go with fixed gear.

On the other hand, I think there was something on Mark's website about
having the fuel in the outboard sections to keep it further away from
you in a fire. I will admit that there is some logic to that. If you
have only wing tanks and need a lot of fuel in them that is also a reason.

I have a 14 gallon header tank and I put about five gallons in each stub
wing when I took of the retracts. I have a transfer pump to pump from
the wing tanks into the header tank and a selector switch to select
which tank I am transfering from. I only have a fuel gauge in the
header tank. I really don't need to know in flight how much fuel I have
in the wing tanks because I will not be stupid enough to run the header
tank down past half empty (What the hell, call it half full. I am
feeling optomistic today.) before I start to transfer fuel and figure
out that there isn't any.

.