And without wanting to offend anyone over there in the US of A, isn't that
also the home of political correctness and litigation that you have managed
to export to us here in OZ?  Gee, we are so much bettor off now with that
over here.  We now can't get insurance on our planes for
passengers.  Thanks for giving our lawyers such wonderful ideas, on how to
screw us!

However good sense and science and the benefit of useful ways of looking at
things, measuring them, and describing them, like metric system, shouldn't
be discarded because it came from a different political persuasion.  The
idea that my way is the best way because it is my way seems pretty hollow,
today, Sept 11th.

I would like to think that the comment that one below has to be either
tounge in cheek or the height or depth of redneckism.   If it wasn''t for
the people from other countries and cultures and ideas, you wouldn't have
jack s**t. After all, it was the french who taught you how to be a
republic!  And the Irish who gave you jack daniels.  Atomic
power?  Einstein and his mates.