Well I'll tell u what I did when I took the carb apart, I ran the needle
all the way in and blew through the fuel line connection, I gotta tell u
that the amount of air that I was able to blow through was very minimal,
only after I advanced the throttle was it easier to to force air through.
Point is I'm not convinced that the needle is incorrect, these needles
are flat on one side and I'm not sure if it's possible to completly cut
off the fuel flow by running the needle in all the way. But to Colin's
point, he is correct when he says there is raw fuel in the intake, after
I removed the carb directly after starting this thing 2 wks ago there was
quite a bit of fuel lying in the intake. I'm not quite sure what to do at
this point. When I spoke to Revmaster 2 wks ago and said I wanted a
leaner needle they had more questions than answers and were not convinced
a leaner needle was the solution.???????????????????????????????????

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 15:42:05 -0400 "Colin" <crain...@cfl.rr.com> writes:
> Ken and Ron
> Sounds like the carb is flooding over, and liquid fuel is entering
> the intake, and is just worse cold.  In every application that I
> have ever seen where the carb was sized properly for the engine,
> running the idle mixture screw all the way in would kill the engine.
> If it could run with it at full lean, then the carb was too big,
> with jets too big, or the carb was flooding over allowing fuel to
> enter not through the idle port, but through the main metering port
> which should not be functioning until off idle rpms are seen.
>
> Colin & Bev Rainey KR2(td)
> crain...@cfl.rr.com
> Sanford, Florida
> see KRnet list details at http://www.krnet.org/instructions.html