Netters,
Just remember if you desire to make a long run of the pushtube as I did, you
have to increase the diameter of the tube relative to the length. In other
words the longer the bigger.  I believe Dana in his RV has one that is thin
wall 1 1/2" T6 aluminum, to go a distance of some 6-7' .  My friend Bill who
has a Thorp T-18 has almost the same length run and uses the same diameter. He
is a mechanical engineer and told me that runs over 4 feet have to be twice as
strong in compression (the pushing part) as it does shorter than that.  My tube
is 1" thick walled T6, with an interior piece of 5/8" that was the original
tube before I found out about the compression issue.  Dana has a list of parts
he used to assemble his and I am sure if you write him he would send you a copy
of that list.  I prefer the pushtube for the elevator control, because there is
alot more solid feel to it, and that is re-assuring to me, considering that I
can make up for the failure of one of either of the other controls, but pitch
is next to impossible to have a back-up plan for unless your KR is equipped
with elevator trim.  That is also a future project and one that all netters may
want to consider, is the ability to make up for elevator control cable failure,
by using the trim to make an emergency landing.  Just some thoughts.....

Oh, and I do use spellchecker and a southern drawl translator!

Colin & Bev Rainey
KR2(td) N96TA
Sanford, FL
crain...@cfl.rr.com