>If you raise your rear centre spar above the lower longerons by about 5/8"
and leave the main centre spar sitting on the longerons you can obtain the
following advantages:
>The Martindale Family

This 5/8" measurement could be a "shot in the dark" as each
KR might be different.

The rib drawings in the plans have the spars and cord line drawn
with the cord line intersecting the spars at a 3 1/2 degree angle.
If one redraws the the spars  on the ribs to have the cord line
intersect the spar at the angle of their choosing, and then use the
ribs to set the rear spar, it should take all the guesswork out of
the proceedure.

Note that the front spar is plumb when the firewall is plumb.
Using the firewall as a reference allows the builder to set the
wing properly without the top longerons even entering the picture.
Also note that the horz stab is "level" when the firewall is plumb.
Assuming that is the correct angle for good handling, it allows
the builder to set the horz. stab with a level also.  It worked
for me and eliminated the guesswork of how much to raise
the forward spar on the horz stab and eliminated any reference
to the "banana boat" top longerons.

I'm not sure why builders want to complicate it beyond that with
using complicated math and measurements.  As I stated
many times before, I was able set my wing to within 1/10th
of a degree using just two bubble levels.  I can't imagine it
getting any easier than that.

Larry Flesner
Carterville, Illinois