When building the "boat", the spreading of the top longerons
tends to pull the top of the firewall back and thus give
the engine thrust line a slightly positive angle.  This might
further explain the need for many KR's to fly with a more
nose down attitude.  Using the firewall as a reference when
building the rest of the airframe would eliminate that possibility
also.

In working on copy machines, etc. for 33 years we called this
a "build up of tolerances".  All components can be within spec
,but at the extremes, and the final result of several components
working together or in series is unacceptable.

I can't wait to get the KR back in the air.  Even with just four
flights to date I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms.

I hope to be able to post info later today on the selected motel
for the Gathering and, with the help of Bob Lee, have a full
blown web site up soon.

Larry Flesner