From: "Martindale Family" <johnj...@chc.net.au>
To: "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 8:59 AM
Subject: KR>alignment of rear spar

Dene

Something to consider and that has been discussed in the archives
previously.

If you raise your rear centre spar above the lower longerons by about 5/8"
and leave the main centre spar sitting on the longerons you can obtain the
following advantages:

  1.. A reduction in angle of incidence of the wing (chord line relative to
firewall) from about 3 1/2 degrees to 2 1/2 degrees. This reduces the nose
down look that KRs have in level flight.
  2.. A reduction in the decalage angle (relative difference betwen wing and
tail plane incidence). This reduces drag.
  3.. A gap under the spar so that you can run a elevator push rod under
your seat from the bottom of the stick to the bell crank behind the spar.
To set the washout at the wing tip I used the outer ply rib tacked with a
single brad to the centres of each outer spar where intersected by the
chordline and then just lifted the rear one until the appropriate washout
was achieved. Followed by support and then glueing. Maintain the support
until your skins are on and set to avoid the sagging problem.

Regards

The Martindale Family
29 Jane Circuit
TOORMINA NSW 2452