K.R.1b M otor Glider.
Span 27'         Wing Area 91        Empty  484        Gross  800
Vne  144        Vmax  130
Vman  100        L/D  20/1@ 65MPH. DO NOT EXTEND THE WINGS ON A K.R.2 !!!
The center spar is not stressed to take the load!! Build the K.R.1 stock
and get the 1b Plans.
Outer wings built in the same way as the K.R.1, with longer THICKER (not
deeper) spars.
Get the Plans, Virg

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 07:59:55 -0600 "Mark Langford" <n5...@hiwaay.net>
writes:
> The KR1B motorglider may not be such a bad idea after all.  Maybe not
> for
> Sport Pilot, but registered as a motorglider. Below is something I
> posted in
> Nov, dug up from the archives in about 10 seconds.

---
> -------------
> There's an interesting article in the December 2003 Kitplanes (page
> 15) that
> discusses the Europa MOTORGLIDER.  The guy that built it lost his
> medical,
> but discovered that all you need to fly a "motorglider" is a glider
> license!
> No medical required.  It seems that we KR folks are sitting on the
> ultimate
> no-medical fighting machine, the KR1B Motorglider.
>
> The article didn't elaborate about what makes a plane a legal
> motorglider,
> but this thing had a gross weight of 1450 pounds and had a 115 hp
> engine in
> it.  The "Kit Aircraft Directory" in the same issue lists the cruise
> speed
> as 174 mph, stall speed as 45 mph, 760 mile range, takeoff and
> landing in
> 600 feet, fuel capacity of 28 gallons, and two seats.  Get the
> picture guys?
> The KR1 would certainly qualify.  I'd call the local FSDO just in
> case, but
> it sounds like all you'd need is some longer wings and a glider
> license to
> keep on flying, regardless of Sport Pilot.  My guess is that the
> definition
> of motorglider is based on wing loading, but I could be wrong.
>
> Does anybody actually OWN a set of KR1B Motorglider plans?  If so,
> are there
> any structural differences to the spars?  My guess is probably not.
> Anybody
> know the price differential in plans or parts?  RR's website makes
> practically no mention of the KR1B plans or parts.  Speaking of
> which, RR
> sent me an update to the price list for all models, parts, and
> supplies,
> which I've updated.  Details are at http://www.fly-kr.com/ .  New
> prices are
> in effect, as of November 2003.