I think that venting static inside the aircraft will create error
depending on flight conditions.  My recollection is that the
pressure will read lower, but I could be wrong on that... it's
been some time since I was looking at that.

Some aircraft have alternate static ports for IFR flight, that
I believe are vented to the cabin in case the primary static
port ices over.

I'm not sure how severe the indication error would be due to
this error... somthing that would be reasonably easy to check would
be to put a valve on your static system to select internal/external
and see what the indications read.

Most performance stuff I read about uses a probe that trails behind
the aircraft to get accurate static readings for engineering work.
I don't know how often these probes are used, nor what the error is,
and the usage of these probes might be restricted to sailplane design
where drag & L/D figures are important enough to measure accurately.

-- Ross