From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of larry flesner
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 9:39 AM
To: KRnet
Subject: KR> Extending Diehl Legs

At 10:34 PM 5/14/04 -0400, you wrote:
>Yes, it was me.  Dan told me that longer legs are a whole lot more
expensive
>and some people have had problems with the longer legs bending.  He said
>that on the last long set he sold the builder wound up cutting them back to
>stock length, although I believe that Larry Flesner used extended legs with
>good results.  Larry?  Care to comment?

Jeff Scott and I both have a set of the 30" Diehl gear legs and to my
knowledge neither of us have had any problems.  I did add approx
1/8" of glass to mine to stiffen them a bit but I believe Jeff is flying
them at original thickness.  I have flown my KR at 1200 pounds
now and they handle just fine.  On my first flight I touched tail first
and smacked the main gear on from about 6 or 8 inches high.  The
gear leg bowed a bit but it did not look excessive in the video.
Jeff's gear and mine are the only two I'm aware of and all I can
speak to.

For what it's worth the Diehl gear is made of the same material that
the Yankee gear is made of.  If you want longer and thicker legs, go
to an aircraft salvage yard and pick up a pair.  That's what Les Palmer
has on his.

Larry Flesner