Is there any problem with flying with the joint and attachment bolts
exposed, or is it mandatory that this joint be covered/faired for
safe/stable flight?
>Ken Jones

I can't speak to question of handling without the wing attach gap sealed
but I can suggest an easy cover.

I wanted a temporary cover for mine so I could start flying.  I have a 1/8"
gap between my stub wing and outer wing panel with larger holes at
the attach brackets.  I went to the hardware store and purchased a
piece of roof "flashing" that was 10 feet by 6 inches.  I cut it down the
middle, cut it to length, and installed a 3 inch strip on each wing using
screws.  They have performed well for nearly 60 hours now and will
hopefully get replaced with a fiberglass strip sometime this summer.
I used two very tiny screws at the trail edge top and bottom at the
rear spar and two at the midpoint on the top side of the wing and
I think maybe two at the midpoint on the bottom.  It won't take much.

If it does not wrap around the lead edge well and stay centered on
the gap simply cut it at the lead edge and overlap it.  I had to cut
one of mine.  I did the wrap, used a couple small screws, and then
put a piece of clear packing tape over the joint.

Larry Flesner   [ 50+ hours in 3 1/2 months and still grinning :-) ]