In a message dated 8/28/04 8:46:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
o...@aviation-mechanics.com writes:

> I'm using a Revflow carb and wonder if the 34 mm
> venturi might be holding me back.

Orma,

Been giving a little thought to your  turbo installation.  Seems to me you
should be getting more boost.  Is the wastegate manual or automatically
controlled?  I think using throttle position to control MP and the wastegate
only as a
safety to prevent overboost might be the answer.  If achieving the right
amount of boost is a problem, I would look into a rich mixture problem (lower
exhaust temp causes less expansion of the exhaust gases therfore lower rpms of
the
turbine buckets).
The turbo could be sized for a car application, and boost may not come in
until 4500 rpm or so.  you could be experiencing compressor blade stall (surge)
but would probably see an eratic manifold pressure.  Hope you get the bugs
worked out!!

Best wishes

Riley Collins
Rutledge, TN