That "bent tube" is much more substantial than the straight one in my KR.  So
far it has 470 hours of flight time with no indication of failure.

Jeff

-- "Jack Cooper" <kr2coo...@earthlink.net> wrote:
I have never built and flown my KR either but the tube seems to be plenty
strong enough to handle the forces. I have seen a bent tube on another
aircraft which was much longer than mine.

Jack Cooper

> Jack wrote-
>
> >See them at http://jackandsandycooper.com/stickandpedals.html
>
> You'll more than likely get some flak about the bent tube linking the
stick
> to the control surfaces.  I think it came up here before and some said it
> was dangerous (failure mode in buckling).  I disagree based on the forces
> being transmitted, but I've never built and flown my own KR, either.
>
> Oscar Zuniga
> San Antonio, TX

Get your name as your email address.