I would like a general consensus here. In the plans, it shows glassing in the
aileron spars by laying up one layer of glass from the top side around the face
of the aileron spar to the bottom side of aileron. This is also called for on
the wing side. Now, I have floxed in my aileron spars both in the aileron and
on the wing. The flox completely adheres all edges of the aileron to the glass
skins and also ample flox was used on the back sides of the spars to adhere the
foam to the spars. I have not installed the glass wrap around lay up yet. I
have done a pull test and have almost convinced myself that the one layer of
glass may not really be needed with the flox job I did installing the spars.
What do you guys think? Glass or no glass? Has anyone else omitted this step? I
know...I know....better be safe than sorry. But if that flox lets loose, I am
not too sure the glass would make much difference. Are the forces being applied
by drag that severe on the ailerons? When I was flying with Marti, I watched
his aileron movement and it was very little which I would think would have very
little drag force on them........

Mark Jones (N886MJ)
Wales, WI  USA
E-mail me at flyk...@wi.rr.com