John Lindner wrote:

>> I'm planning on building a KR-1 sometime in the future, and the new
airfoil occurred to me as an alternative to the dated RAF48. I know the new
wing has been successfully used on a KR2S, but I've never heard of it being
used on the -1. I believe the RAF48 came off the -1 and went to the -2 to
begin with, so it seems logical that the new wing would work on the KR-1
with the original size dimensions. Thoughts?<<

I think you are exactly right, in that the new airfoil series is certainly
no worse for the KR1 than it is for the KR2S, and considering they both used
the RAF48.

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
see KR2S project at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford