The airfoil was designed for the VK-30 but was tested on a cessna 210,
its true the Reynolds number is higher, but in the Reynolds number range
from R=1.000,000 to R=12.000,000 the results between a turbulent flow
airfoil (RAF48) and the laminar flow airfoils (NLF 10414F) and AS5048
would be similar. You have 40counts of drag for the AS5048 at the design
lift-coefficient and 50 counts of for the RAF48 this is a 20% reduction
and many aerodynautical engineers would die for a reduction like that so
you guys diden't waste any money.

Jim