KRnetHeads,

I got back from Corvair College today.  It was another great one, with a
whole bunch of people building Corvair engines, and a few being torn down to
begin the process.  I'm guessing at least twenty were built this weekend,
and several were run on the test stand.  I'll probably do a web page on it
eventually, but for now there are two pictures I want to throw out there.
One is of the three KRs that were there, which is a record for Corvair
powered KRs.  See
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/corvair/cc2004/041113149m.jpg , with Steve
Makish, Bob Lester, and Bill Clapp, left to right. Also, Jack Cooper got his
beautiful engine running on William's test stand  before nightfall last
night, as shown at
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/corvair/cc2004/041113347m.jpg , with Mike
Hyers helping a lot.  Here Jack is shown checking the rpm with an optical
tach.  Glenda also showed up and worked on her engine, although she already
had a great head start on it.  She also brought a VW Type 1 in airplane
configuration for dyno testing later on.  There were several other KR
builders there as well, building up future KR engines.  Maybe some of them
will throw some more pictures out there.

I suspect this will become a big Corvair FLYIN as well as engine building
experience, as more "graduates" return with their flying airplanes.  I'll be
there next year, weather permitting.  Now, back to work...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
see KR2S project at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford