Dan Heath wrote:

> Were any of the KRs, KR2 or are they all 2S?

The two on the left are older KR2's, built before the KR2S plans were
available.  Only Bill Clapp's is a KR2S.  Steve Makish and Bob Lester aren't
on KRnet (I think they're too busy flying), nor do they make many Gatherings
(I can only remember one).  Steve has had several VW engines in his KR2, and
then went Subaru (as did Bob), but both are quite happy with the Corvair
now.

You know, I was thinking about Bob's and Steve's engine compartments.  They
have little tubes, hoses, and wires running all over the place.  The
engine's kind of packed in there like car engines are packed these days.
One of the last things I need to do to mine is rig up some carb heat, duct
work to the oil cooler, and that sort of thing, but I keep trying to come up
with a clean, simple, elegant way of doing a nice installation.  The reality
is that they are flying their planes several times a week, and I'm still
standing around scratching my head over how I'm going to do those
installations.  I think I know what I need to do now...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, AL
N56ML at hiwaay.net
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford