>The last I heard, Les Palmer did not have internet nor even a computer.  I
>guess he became disenchanted with his computer so he canceled his internet
>service.  Also I think his aircraft although very well built is not an S,
>it's just a standard KR-2 with a try-gear.

Actually,  Les Palmer's KR is stretched 24" just like mine and his
wings were slightly longer, similar to the pre-molded skins, I
think.  His gear legs where made from Grumman Yankee legs
cut down a bit with 6:00X6 mains.  It is standard KR2 width but
set up as a single place.  It was on the heavy side, 835 empty as
I recall and that was before the engine upgrade.  It sounded awesome
with the smaller Sube engine but the performance ( takeoff and
climb ) was less than spactular, hence the bigger engine.  I recall
Les trailering it to Columbia, Tennessee one year and had it flown
to Perry, Oklahoma once or twice by a pilot named Smith.  Les
was building reduction drives for a while as well as props.

Sorry to hear about his health problems.  If someone on the net
has a chance to talk to Les, pass along our concern and
best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Larry Flesner