Somebody mentioned that changing to a Corvair on a KR2 would involve
firewall reinforcements.  I'm wondering how many folks have an 0-200 or
other heavy engine on their stock KR2 firewall that has NOT been reinforced.
I'll bet there are several, if not many heavy engines (0-200 and Vair weigh
about the same) flying on standard KR2 firewalls that are doing just fine.
Can anybody corroborate my assumption?   Jeff, Larry, anybody?  I've come to
the conclusion that the Corvair weighs about 40 pounds more than a Type 1
VW, and about 25 pounds more than a Type 4.  That's not a huge difference,
particularly if the engine mount ties closer to the longerons for a better
load path.

Getting fired up about SNF. See y'all at the dinner, hopefully...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net