Thanks for that info Mark. Things are now in motion (see other email to
Colin).

I'm really pleased you got that donk firing up properly now. There I was
carrying on about mixture distribution when all it was was a bung plug!!
Sorry.

3000rpm on a 54x66 sounds about right to me for the 3100cc engine and at
that pitch the prop could be stalling at static. I'd use an Ellison if my
wife could afford it because of the mixture thing and I like the simplicity
design principle. For now though, it's playing with the Weber (you never
stop with these) and mixture gauge when it arrives.

I've also done some thorough redesigning of carb/intake/carb heat on top
that I'll photograph today and insert on my website. Details later.
Diaphragms in new Clarks pump are far superior to the older ones.

I might continue this on Corvaircraft rather than Krnet...maybe a bit more
relevant over there and most read both anyway.

See Ya John

The Martindale Family
29 Jane Circuit
TOORMINA NSW 2452