At 11:00 PM 5/11/2005, you wrote:
>Speaking of certified engines, there is one gotcha I learned about that you
>need to be aware of if you use one.
>
>When you use a certified engine in an experimental you are required to
>comply with all the A.D.s.

This is not correct.  Your DAR was mistaken.  When a certificated engine is
installed in an experimental aircraft, ADs and service bulletins do not
need to be complied with.

There is one exception to this general rule and that is when a previously
certificated engine is removed from an experimental and re-installed in a
certificated airplane.  In this case, all ADs must be in compliance.

If your DAR raised (or raises) the issue, all you have to do is remove the
data plate.

Don Reid  -  donreid "at" peoplepc.com
Bumpass, Va

Visit my web sites at:

AeroFoil, a 2-D Airfoil Design And Analysis Computer Program:
http://aerofoilengineering.com

KR2XL construction: http://aerofoilengineering.com/KR/KR2XL.htm
Aviation Surplus: http://aerofoilengineering.com/PartsListing/Airparts.htm
EAA Chapter 231: http://eaa231.org