Thanks Don, Between your post and Collins a pretty
clear picture is emerging regarding slow flight in
aircraft.

The use of rudder and aileron during slow flight
depends on a host of issues, some subtle and some not
so subtle.

I'm beginning to wonder just how important washout
really is in this mix with respect to low wing
aircraft.

Some KR's use alot of washout and it was pointed out
earlier that washout can play a big roll in how
ailerons behave at high angles of attack, so I wonder
if this might help explain some of its slow flight
handling characteristics?

Denny ...

http://aerofoilengineering.com/PartsListing/Airparts.htm
> EAA Chapter 231: http://eaa231.org
> Ultralights: http://usua250.org
> VA EAA State Fly-in: http://vaeaa.org

> please see other KRnet info at
> http://www.krnet.org/info.html

"I can train a monkey to wave an American flag. That does not make the monkey
patriotic."

Scott Ritter