Now, you may never get it
>moved, because apparently, there no longer is a restriction on how many
>times we have it at the same place, consecutively.
>Daniel R. Heath

To my knowledge there has never been a "restriction" on how many
years the Gathering took place in any one location.  It has always
been dependent on who wants to host it and and where the
attendees vote to go next.  The "two year" number came about more
from host "burnout" than anything else.  There have been times in
the past that the Gathering has changed locations on an annual
basis.

In my case, two years was enough for me also.  The airport manager
at Mt.Vernon and supporting organizations invited us to return and
have agreed to lend their support.  I agreed to help them out if the
attendees voted to return.  I expect to hand over most of the detail
work to them and only continue in an advisory role and maintain
the final approval on any of the planning and, of course, maintain
control of our funds.  I suppose I felt some small obligation to continue
to host the Gathering at Mt.Vernon, if the attendees voted to return,
as a repayment for the 14 prior years I attended as a visitor and took
advantage of the work of others.

There will be a few small changes to the Gathering next year at
Mt.Vernon such as less room in the terminal commons area and
the awards banquet off site as at other locations.  On the plus
side, Chris Collins, the airport manager and former KR project
owner and Gathering attendee, hopes to improve the facilities
for those wanting to camp.

In the end, the Gathering is for the attendees.  In order to be
successful, it will have to take place at a location and time
that encourages the greatest attendance of KRs and visitors.
Who better to know than those attending.

I hope everyone left "pumped up" and got the sawdust flying
on their projects as soon as they got home and I look forward
to seeing everyone again next year.  The many comments I
heard from this years attendees make me think we had another
successful Gathering.  How many more days, Mark Jones?

Thanks again to everyone that made it possible.

Larry Flesner