Which aircraft have a alternate air on the panel for air to the throttle
body and how would your throttle body ice up do to carb ice ? There is no
fuel going thru it.I know that most fuel injected aircraft have a spring
loaded little flapper or door if you will behind the air filter that opens
in the event it ices over and yes if it is the perfect conditions I suppose
your throttle body could ice up if it got moister on it and then went
through freezeing conditions,but it would be nothing like carb ice,because
there is no fuel going through the throttle body.The little red knob on the
panel that says "alt air supply" is for your static intruments only and has
nothing to do with heat of any kind....

Bob Glidden
Eminence,Indiana
KR2S N181FW (building)