From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On
Behalf Of Oscar Zuniga
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 2:41 PM
To: kr...@mylist.net
Subject: KR> lighting systems

I know some of this has been hashed out here before, but I was reading
an
article in Sport Aviation last night and saw a statement I had not seen
before.  The statement was that nav lights have to be wired
independently
from anti-collision lights.  Purpose being that if something smokes, you

don't go completely dark to the outside world.  What I'm wondering is
how
far the separation of wiring should be.  For example, it is easy to run
common ground out the wing or to the tail for both systems, but it would

seem that that approach would not comply and that separate grounds (DC
negative) wires should be run for each system, back to the main ground
bus.

The discussion here (and other lists concerned with experimentals) is
that
our systems and lighting need not comply with TSO's for equipment nor
approved materials for installation.  I do think we all agree that best
practices should be followed, therefore my question.  Comments-?

Oscar Zuniga
San Antonio, TX
mailto: taildr...@hotmail.com
website at http://www.flysquirrel.net