Colin,

Yup, and if you check my previous post, I did qualify my comments by saying
that the KR must not have been previously registered or certified, such as a
KR in the building stage.  My understanding is that once an aircraft has
been registered and certified, it can't be re-certified into a different
category, eg. "Experimental Amateur-Built" to an "Experimental Light Sport
Aircraft".

Ed

Ed Janssen
mailto:ejans...@chipsnet.com

Colin wrote:

     The part of the FAA commentary that I read stated that they were
watching for aircraft previously certified in one category being modified
slightly to now acommodate the new category to be re-certified.  Simply
making a prop change onto an existing airframe, and then testing it and
saying it is now LSA qualified is not going to cut it.