----- Original Message -----
From: "Colin Rainey" <brokerpilot9...@earthlink.net>
To: <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2005 10:20 PM
Subject: KR> LSA

> Ed
> You missed MY point when I stated that I am referring to an UNMODIFIED KR
is the same as a completed KR already certified. That is my point.  If you
build the KR2 or KR2S per the plans, you will NOT be able to conform to LSA,
period.

Colin,

Well, I guess we won't know for sure until someone actually tries it.  I
didn't restrict my comments to just KR-2s and KR-2Ss.  It would certainly be
a real challenge for a KR-2 or KR-2S to built as such; but I WILL say,
having owned and flown two different KR-1s, I DO know that a KR-1, at least,
can be built per plans and equipped light enough (almost nobody does this
anymore) to perform within LSA parameters.  Now, whether the FAA will agree
to certify it as an E-LSA, is the question.  At the moment, not all FAA
reps. are up to speed on the new ruling, so a builder has to be careful how
and who you talk to until time works out most of the concerns .

Ed