From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of Colin Rainey
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 3:07 PM
To: kr...@mylist.net
Subject: KR> Insurance

Kenneth and netters
Anyone looking at either life insurance or health insurance needs to look
closely at the aviation exclusions.  Most cover a commercial flight as a paying
passenger of scheduled flights with an air carrier.  Almost all that I have
seen that are "standard" employment or personal offerings have exclusions for:
1) flights as pilot in command or passenger of any small aircraft (under
12,500# takeoff weight), unscheduled flights, or gliders; 2) skydiving; 3) any
form or type of flight instruction.

AOPA and EAA have companies that they are endorsing that make policies
available that DO cover in the case of accidents in General Aviation airplanes.
 Some still have exclusions if flying in an experimental aircraft.  Mine covers
me while flying any plane, PIC or as instructor, but does not cover me while
flying my KR2.

Just some thoughts...

Colin Rainey
brokerpilot9...@earthlink.net