From: "Colin Rainey" <brokerpilot9...@earthlink.net>
To: <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 2:07 PM
Subject: KR> Insurance

> Kenneth and netters
> Anyone looking at either life insurance or health insurance needs to look
closely at the aviation exclusions.  Most cover a commercial flight as a
paying passenger of scheduled flights with an air carrier.  Almost all that
I have seen that are "standard" employment or personal offerings have
exclusions for: 1) flights as pilot in command or passenger of any small
aircraft (under 12,500# takeoff weight), unscheduled flights, or gliders; 2)
skydiving; 3) any form or type of flight instruction.

> AOPA and EAA have companies that they are endorsing that make policies
available that DO cover in the case of accidents in General Aviation
airplanes.  Some still have exclusions if flying in an experimental
aircraft.  Mine covers me while flying any plane, PIC or as instructor, but
does not cover me while flying my KR2.