I talked to steve Bennet of Great Plains the other day about ceramic coating
the exhaust. He says he has done this to his KR and recommends Jet Coat
industries.

Hers my question to the KR net group. When using a carb heat muff, do you need
to mask off the area under the heat muff so as to not allow the jet coating in
this area.

I ask because jet coating is suppose to lower the temps radiating from the
exhaust tubes and I wonder if this would lower the temps needed to get could
carb heat and cabin heat off of the exhaust tubes.

Also, I am looking to add cabin heat and I would love to get tips and any pics
of  cabin heat plumbing. Did you drill hjoles in your exhaust muff to get your
air supply or did you use a muff with 3 inlet outlets to allow for cold air
intake plus carb heat and cabin heat?

Jeff York
KR-2 Flying
N839BG