I ran across this on another group site. Might be of interest
http:www.aerotwinmotors.com

Doug Rupert <drup...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
Pat: Personally I wouldn't look any further than the Mazda rotary for the
power to weight ratio in itself let alone the small size. For your intended
usage I believe it would have to undergo some serious de-rating to keep from
tearing the wings clean off a KR performance wise. Other than that you might
want to look into that Harley powerplant currently being marketed up Chicago
way. If memory serves the outfit is HogAir. This little beauty has a very
small footprint (physical size) and is of favorable weight for KR useage.
Doug Rupert

I am looking for a narrower (smaller in physical size) engine for my
single seat KR. My VW is too wide. I want to streamline the firewall
forward to look more in line with P51, 109 etc. Besides the mazda,
what's out there in the 70-80 HP range that is not 2 cycle? Any thoughts
out there?
Pat