I changed my mind about the design of my carb heat system, after I made a
Google seach on the subject. I needed to do some research, because
although I have seen plenty information on how to make a carb air box, I
could never figure out how to get the hot air source from the exhaust.
This is why I considered taking air from the cylinders area instead. Well,
the Google search indicated  a very interesting Web page with plenty
pictures, and I saw the light. The pictures show a very simple way to make
a box around an exhaust section by simply folding a sheet of stailess
steel the fight way: making an octagon or decagon section. Brilliant,,
simple, effective, and good looking. Oh, by the way,unsurprisingly,  the
page's author is a guy called Mark Langford.

I will add my contribution to the subject: Mark, you battled to find a
spring that would fill the box and help with the heat transfer. My
solution will be to close the box both sides, let the air in through
plenty little holes. For a spring, I will use stainless steel scrubs (sold
in France in any convenience store, that are  use to scrub pots and pans),
and pack them inside the box before I close it.

Serge Vidal
KR2 "Kilimanjaro Cloud"
Paris, France.