Steve asks-

>When did that happen to Jack?  I saw him at Osh and Brodhead last year.

Jack posted details of his incident to the Pietenpol list on November 28,
2004, just two weeks after my Piet went down after a carb ice incident.  He
had photos of the wad of steel wool that he pulled from the carb throat, but
those don't make it through to the Matronics archive unless they're put on
Photoshare, which they were not.  I'm sure he still has the pix and I can
get them if anyone's interested.  On June 22, 2005 Jack posted that he had
successfully test-flown the repaired aircraft, thus he made it to the
various fly-ins last summer.

I still have not yet flown mine, which has an Aeronca Champ-style heat muff
on the starboard side exhaust stack of the A-65 engine and which was
woefully insufficient at providing heat to the carb.  I've since added some
fins to the stack inside the muff area as well as some baffling to the muff
so that the incoming air doesn't just shoot straight through to the SCAT
hose leading down to the air box.  If I don't get a good, solid RPM drop on
application of heat, I'll continue to revise the setup... but no steel wool
;o)

Oscar Zuniga
San Antonio, TX
mailto: taildr...@hotmail.com