From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of Colin Rainey
Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2006 8:17 AM
To: kr...@mylist.net
Subject: KR> prop strike

I had a nose over that broke the
prop. I called Revmaster about the need for a rebuild. Joe said try
to start it first.

Sorry gang, but I am on a soap box this morning.  Larry I normally agree
with most of what you say, but read what you said again..
To me that is totally irresponsible to post to a bunch of builder would be
pilots who might not know any better.  Standard procedure in certified
engines is a complete teardown after ANY prop strike.  All the testing on
the ground you want to make will not show you the cracks, nor will it prove
it is not cracked.  I knwo of three netters on this list alone that have had
crankshafts crack after they were told no, but later found out in fact their
planes sufferred a prop strike.  Do what you want to but PLEASE don't tell
people that it is acceptable or correct to fly an engine after a prop
strike, without having the crank removed and magnafluxed.  The only possible
exception would be to ferry it to a location to get it torn down...

Colin Rainey
First National Mortgage Sources
Lending Solutions in All 50 States
386-673-6814 office