Wow all this talk about prop strikes sure has been interesting and I never
thought I'd have any input on this subject but after yesterday afternoon I
learned differently. I took my husband to the airport to drop him off to make a
flight to AZ. I helped him and his co pilot load and check their KingAir I
stood were I always do to watch them take off to give him that good bye wave.
As I watched them begin their takeoff roll and rotate a deer came across the
runway and was struck what looked like the left engine the plane broke ground
and yawed to the left as I watched in horror has they climbed out and started
back around in the pattern. I heard my husband calling the FBO to have fire
services ready He reported a heavy vibration and no gear light After fire
service arrived they began their approach I could see the left engine was shut
down and stuff hanging one the left gear Im both happy and releaved that they
were able to bring back without incident. When I view the prop it looked
 ok besides the bloody mess and skin damage However the FAA inspectors and NSTB
was also out this morning to view the aircraft and review the incident What I
learned from FAA through this whole thing that any aircraft that suffers a prop
strike regardless if the engine runs within it limits afterwards has to be torn
down and inspected and should not be flown until then I also learned that there
are also many different type of prop strikes Hope this in formation is helpful

  Patti
airgu...@comcast.net wrote:
  "Standard procedure in certified engines
is a complete teardown after ANY prop strike."

Interesting. I had a prop strike while landing on a Musketeer with an IO360
fixed pitch prop. We towed it to the AI and had runout tests done on the crank.
It was within specs. It was signed off and flew a couple of hundred hours
before an AD on an oil pump made us open the case. Interesting.

Paul
Derry, NH