Tim first of all you must decide the overall mission of your
aircraft. Super fast, or what seems to be the norm with others on the =
list.
First be advised that CF blocks all radio, GPS signals. That said, if =
you
wish a clean exterior, low drag machine use carbon fiber sparingly. The
forward boat ahead of the wing as well as cowl, wheel fairings and pants
come to mind. If you're not that worried about total performance the go
ahead and use carbon fiber BUT you best have a wad of cash, this stuff =
isn't
cheap. Myself, I would use CF for the seat pan and especially the seat =
back
and bulkhead at the rear of the baggage shelf. Why? Exactly those =
properties
that make CF undesirable for internal radio antennas. Passive radiation =
from
said antenna are not exactly a boon to ones health. Want an example? Lay
your hand on the antenna and push the transmit button. Next day your =
hand
will look like a football it will be so swollen. (watch the flame wars =
start
over that statement)
        Much has been written regarding the use of Kevlar and its'
difficulty to work with. However Kevlar's strength is not much lower =
than CF
while it has excellent properties such as vibration reduction, superior
strength, lower weight (than traditional e-glass) and excellent damage
resistance. For my own KR I went with the composite boat method of
construction. This does away with the outer plywood skin and replaces it
with foam between all the boat formers and sandwiched both sides with =
fabric
(be it glass, Kevlar or carbon fiber). The inner skin on mine will be of
Kevlar since the overall finish is hidden away. The outer covering is
S-Glass which is 30% stronger, 15 % stiffer and retains those properties =
up
to 1500 degrees. S-Glass is finished the same way as traditional E-Glass =
so
you can achieve a truly outstanding outer finish on the aircraft. Hope =
this
helps with the carbon fiber issue.
        As to engines, well many have responded already but I don't know
what a Jabaru sells for in Australia so I don't feel comfortable =
commenting
on the issue other than the lighter weight of the Jab may necessitate =
using
a longer engine mount to keep the CG with range.
Doug Rupert
Simcoe Ontario

I have already tried 2 twice to acecess the information via KRnet =
Archives.=20
For both Carbon Info and Jabiru 3300 info. Nil results. ! I read the=20
instructions re wording to use still no luck ?

Regards, Tim
=20

--=20
Checked by AVG Free Edition.