Hi Doug

Thanks for your email. I am a little confused. You Say " If your not worried
about total performance then go ahead and use carbon" ???? The reason i want
to use carbon is is for its superior properties and was considering a
lighter weight than glass. Also where multipul layers are required with
glass that would not be the case in carbon. An immediate weight saving, and
a stiffer structure. As you suggested with seats, spats etc.

In my intial email re Carbon i stated yes we understand Carbon is stronger
than eglass. It was in the area of "Buckeling" i was particualy interested
in if used for wingskins. Does its properties in this area exceeded
eglass.If so I would then feel comfortable to use a calculated lighter
weight than the eglass used in the premouled skins presently avalaible. Mark
said he used Carbon weight of 5.85 ounce / yard  (on the majority of  his
KR2) the same weight as if using glass in relation to the wingskins. And i
presume a single or at least less layers than glass than glass in the other
areas.

Mark are your Carbon wing skins premoulded ??? A question re KR2 original
plans. Is it correct the original plans of the KR2 show dynal sheathing as
the nominated wing skin.Is this is the case, as i understand it. Dynal
offers no structual bennefits only acting as a skin to paint.It also weighs
almost nothing. Out of interest if dynal was / is used it would not be
premoulded. What technique was used, was there a layer of thin foam
underneath the Dynal. ???

Thanks for all you help and patience

Regards,

Tim, Australia