Brian Kraut wrote:

>I had a UMA with a leaking case also.  It was a 4,000 FPM unit which was
>way
> too much anyway so I had them put on a new dial and case and recalibrate
> it
> for 2,000 FPM.  They got it back pretty fast and only charged me something
> like $50.

Now that's some helpful information!  I removed it tonight, thinking I'd
test it, but I already know the answer.  I'll send it to them and see what
they can do with it.  Just for kicks I'll fly with it setting on the seat to
see what it says, but I don't think it will be any different.  I have the
front deck off, so I'm giving Joe Horton a chance to catch up.  I have a
list a mile long of stuff I want to do while it's "down", but I plan to have
it back together by Sunday so I can fly to visit my father's farm and Steve
Phillabaum in Auburn.  Maybe next weekend I can make it back to visit Dan
and Jerry.

One main goal was to bypass the VSI and see what happens to the other
instruments.  I'm also going to install a fuel transfer pump timer,
different air/fuel ratio gauge (more on that later), new EGT probe for
number 4 cylinder...

Mark Langford, Harvest, AL
see homebuilt airplane at http://www.N56ML.com
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net