Backup was one of the reasons I went this way in the first place.
Figured that if it wouldn't take the database change Lowrance's =
navigation
page would at least be useful as well as the moving map for cross =
reference
to appropriate sectionals. As luck would have it, this particular unit =
was
dropped as a marine unit and upgraded to aviation by database change as =
well
as moving all them little buttons from the side to the bottom of the =
screen.
Kind of like changing a picture from landscape to portrait.
        The first thing I did was do some research on the unit before I bid
on it and it was a pretty safe gamble since the two units were so =
similar.
The operating manual has backed this up so far and all I really need to =
do
now is test it in the air. A little on the large size to be carry on for
commercial so will have to wait till the little bird is finished.
Doug Rupert
Simcoe Ontario

I bought a Magellan 310 at a sporting goods store.  Tried it out just =
for
fun on a recent flight to Illinois.  Worked great.  American got up to =
415
mph on descent and cruised at about 355.  Went up to 35,000 above sea =
level
and had a heading the whole way.  If I put in the waypoints I had =
already
marked, it gave headings and distance.  In other words it looks like a =
great
backup GPS.
Ray=20
New Orleans