KRnetters:

The 1st Cardinals had laminar flow Wings which gave very little stall warning
and the also had problems with an Elevator Stall.  however they had a "Flying
Tail"

The "Elevator Stall" was cured by an "Mandantory" AD which required the
installation of a leading edge slot in the elevator.  This might be anothe
approach but I do not know and have not been able to find much guidence on slot
design for eithe wings or elevators.

Don