Hi everyone,
 I have a friend who is trying to get his medical to start flight training
and has diabetes. He has to take insulin up to 2 times a day but his
condition is well under control. I flew him to Huntsville to take his
daughter to see his ex wife and he was hooked. He went to his doctor and
had all of his test updated and took them and all of his records from the
last 5 or 10 years to the AME who told him that as far as he was concerned
he would give him his certificate on the spot. He sent all the info to the
FAA and a few weeks later got a letter stating that he was temporarily
turned down. According to the diabetes association web site on flight
medicals and the FAA website he should qualify hands down. Does anyone out
there have any advice? He really has the flying fever, (we all know what
that feels like) I think anyone who wants to fly that badly should have the
chance. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
 John Godwin

PS. Sorry there was no KR content in what I wrote above but I have put my
fuselage sides on the jig and am in the process of truing it up for gluing.
I sure will be happy when that is finished.