From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of P Byington
Sent: Saturday, May 06, 2006 10:46 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: Re: KR> Diabetes

Netters:

I have type II diabetes and am on pills only, I also have a commercial Pilot
license.  Since I do not take insulin shots, I am able to pass my first
class medical and enjoy all of the priveledges associated with it.  My
flight surgeon is also my family doctor.  I have had diabetes for the past
seven years and actually have just about elliminated the need for any
medication through diet, no sugar, and few carbs.

By the way the normal A1c reading for people with out diabetes is 6.0.  mine
is averageing between 5.6 and 6.0.

Food for thought (cut out the sugars and white bread)

FYI

Happy Flying

Parley Byington
Kr-2 N54PB